Among the topics to be discussed at the conference are the efficacy of nicotine patches and other medications, the efficacy of electronic cigarettes, the safety and relative safety of electronic cigarettes, current e-cigarette controversies, regulation of electronic cigarettes, and mental illness and nicotine use.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Dr. Shadi Chamany, director of clinical and scientific affairs for the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene;
- Dr. Riccardo Polosa, director of internal medicine and clinical immunology at the University of Catania,
- Kevin McGirr, associate professor in urban health, community health, and communication and behavior at the New York City College of Technology;
- Helen Redmond, harm reduction specialist with Community Access; and
- Dr. Michael Siegel, professor of community health sciences, Boston University School of Public Health.