For each state, after briefly summarizing the warning, I categorize the warning based on three criteria:
- Is there an explicit warning not to vape THC?
- Does the warning inform the public that THC vape cartridges are playing a major role in the outbreak?
- Does the warning mention THC at all?
- Excellent: There is an explicit warning not to vape THC, the state informs the public that THC is playing a major role in the outbreak, and the state goes beyond CDC by not undermining its warning about vaping THC
- Good: There is an explicit warning not to vape THC and the state goes beyond CDC by not undermining this warning, but the state either fails to inform the public that THC is playing a major role in the outbreak or issues too vague a warning.
- Fair: There is an explicit warning not to vape THC but the state undermines that warning by emphasizing that no single product has been associated with all cases.
- Poor: There is an explicit warning not to vape THC but it is undermined by a vague warning or the failure to acknowledge that THC plays a major role in the outbreak.
- Very poor: There is no explicit warning not to vape THC.
- Public health malpractice: There is no mention of THC in the warning.
Here are the results of my analysis:
The Rest of the Story
The most striking finding of this analysis is that 3 states - Alabama, Illinois, and Kentucky - are committing public health malpractice by not even mentioning THC at all in their warnings. This is inexcusable and puts the lives and health of residents, especially youth, at risk.
The second most striking finding is that 11 of the 25 states (44%) are not explicitly warning the public not to vape black market THC cartridges. These states are (in addition to the 3 states above): California, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Kansas, Louisiana, Massachusetts, and Montana.
In only 3 states are the warnings rated as excellent: Connecticut, Maine, and Minnesota.
Links to the warnings for each state that I used in the analysis are provided below:
I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate life clinic via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com I can breath much better and it feels comfortable
Post a Comment