Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Update on Double Challenge to Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids and Ignite

On November 15, I issued a double challenge to the Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids and Ignite to call for strengthening of the proposed FDA tobacco legislation. Since both organizations appear to be strongly opposed to special protections for Big Tobacco and the currently proposed FDA legislation is full of such special protections, I think that if these organizations really are sincere in what they are saying publicly, that they will call for the strengthening of this legislation to remove these special protections.

So far, in response to my challenge, neither organization seems to have stepped up to the plate. I'll continue to monitor the situation, and report back to my readers if either or both of these organizations wins the challenge and stops speaking out of both sides of their mouths.

No comments: